Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

I am a tech in a high school and we have around 50 DXD1210

Customer Question

Hi , I am a tech in a high school and we have around 50 DXD1210 AIO PC's. Recently we have had someone set a system password ***** a few of these which renders them basically useless. Is there any way this can be removed? I have searched the net and there are a few solutions for laptops but no one seems to have any solutions for the AIO's
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is DX1210
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you.....Can you give me more details on the issue? Is this a operating system password? Or is it showing up before the OS?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No its not an OS password, it prompts at the bios screen and wont go past that
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

ok, are these units over 3 years old?

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Shane, let me know when you are back please. This sounds like bad CMOS batteries....but even if it was a password ***** in the bios by a Kid it can be cleared, but i need info...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are over 3 years old, Have tried removing the cmos battery and have replaced battery
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Gotcha, interesting.....was the battery pack out and unplugged when the cmos was removed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no battery pack in these as they are lot a laptop but yes the power was unplugged.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Understood, so cmos battery removed, and no luck, no silly secondary cmos type battery on the motherboard?

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

I don't see any jumper terminals on this, which are usually only good for if the CMOS battery is soldiered on...The problem you are describing sounds more like some type of hard-drive password, would you agree?

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Shane, let me know when you are back.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Shane, i'm back on....Please let me know when you are around.