Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

I am trying to connect my MacBook Pro to an InFocus DLP

Customer Question

I am trying to connect my MacBook Pro to an InFocus DLP Projector. The instructions say I need to press a specific key combination on my laptop to activate the external video port (Mini-DVI). Is this necessary for a Mac? If so, can you tell my the key combination.
Thank you.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm going to attempt to help you connect your MacBook Pro to the projector. Typically, as soon as you plug in, it would connect, but I've seen cases like this.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Can you try the following? Go into the Apple menu in the top left of your computer and select "System Preferences". Please let me know when you are there or let me know if you aren't seeing that.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Once you are in there, you can select the "Displays" icon, then click "Detect Displays". Again, if you have any trouble finding any of this, please let me know.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

If this did not help, I have another idea; I'll await your status.