Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I am trying to repair a Toshiba satellite c875-S7205 laptop

Customer Question
and need to reinstall windows...
I am trying to repair a Toshiba satellite c875-S7205 laptop and need to reinstall windows 7 64bit. I have product code. Can you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
9/5/2016
Laptop technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I can help you with this problem. May I ask, at which step you are at, in terms of reinstalling Windows?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
justcan only getinto setup utility do not know what else to do. Tried to create arecovery disk but no luck.

Which setup utility are you referring to? Do you already have the Windows 7 installation CD?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The computer set up utillity. No, I do not have windows disk as it came pre-installed. I cannot get to the point where the laptop is connected to Internet.

"The computer setup utility" can be one of several different things. "Where" are you able to get to?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot connect to the internet with the laptop.

So, is Windows already installed, you just can't access the Internet?

- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- In the box that comes up, type: cmd
- Click the Ok button.
- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ipconfig
- Press Enter
Question #1: What is shown for the IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway?
- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ping 4.2.2.3
Question #2: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?
- In the black box, type the following and press Enter: ping red.com
Question #3: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
cannot get to dos prompt. It starts by loading windows then just the mouse arrow appears

Press the three following keys at the same time: CTRL ALT and DEL

Did that bring up the task manager?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
unfortunately it produces nothing.

So, you have already reinstalled Windows?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, I do not know how? It gets to the point of saying "installing windows" then Blue screen with mouse only.

How long have you been at that screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I created a quasi System repair disk and am now to Advanced boot options - i.e. safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, enable boot logging, last known good configuration, directory services restore mode, debugging mode, disable auto restart on system failure, disable driver signature enforcement, Start windows normally

Okay, so you will need the Windows installation CD. The repair disk will not help. Do you have the Windows 7 installation CD? If not, please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, I do not have windows 7 CD. It came preinstalled.

As long as you have the product code/key, you can download the CD Image from the following page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7
After you download the 'image', which is a cd image, you will need to burn it to a cd. Burn the image as an 'image' or as an 'ISO'. If you need a cd burning application, you can use the one found on the following page: http://cdburnerxp.se/en/download
- Once that is complete, you can use the CD to install Windows on the computer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I try to download the CD image it says : The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.

I am sorry to hear that. Which version of Windows 7 - 64 bit are you using? (Professional, Home, Student, etc)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Home

Is it just "Home" or "Home Premium"?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
home premium

Thank you for the update. You may download the ISO from the following link: http://softlay.net/operating-system/windows-7-home-premium-full-version-free-download-iso-32-64-bit.html

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This file says it will open in 14 hours to 2 days. The file cdbxp_setup_4.5.7.6321.exe is recommended closed by Norton???

Okay, ignore Norton. It is safe.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no way to connect to the laptop and all I did was click on the link you provided>
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let us agree to end this as it is getting late. I will trust your discretion regarding this problem.

Thank you. You are all set.

Please, do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I rate if resolution was not forthcoming????
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not wish to rate badly so what should I do???

You wish to rate me badly for spending this time with you and giving you the correct solution? "What" was not forthcoming? Your problem is that you need the Windows cd to install windows. I gave you the information to make that happen.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have you not read my responses? The program says it will open in 14 hours to TWO DAYS and the CDBXP_setup_4.....Exe is recommended removed by NORTON. This has me no further than when I started. Please read previous responses - all is not set.

I have done what you are doing over 10,000 times. I am telling you that it will work. If you wish, you can wait until it is complete and come back. I will be here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fine I will wait

Thank you

Jason Jones, Computer Technician