Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

Thinking about buying a HP laptop from Bestbuy M1-u001dx.

Customer Question
Thinking about buying a HP...
Thinking about buying a HP laptop from Bestbuy M1-u001dx. Does this model have the capability to add more memory RAM or whatever to make it perform the fastest? If so, what would you recommend for the manufacturer of that part and part number please?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
8/21/2016
Laptop technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

You can upgrade this model for ram, up to 8 gbs. However, ram isnt easily accessible and HP does not recommend it

for this model. (lots of conflicting information on this model due to the inaccessibility issue)

You only have one slot for upgraded ram here and will need another ram piece that is 8 here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQ35HBQ/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=helincocom-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00CQ35HBQ&linkId=e41b1b5fdacdbb4582cbfd85572e3df4

You can also buy the version that already has 8gbs here or look at it and compare prices:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HP-Pavilion-x360-M1-u001d-11-6-Touch-Laptop-Intel-Pentium-1-60GHz-8GB-500GB-/222190808592

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you please tell me if there are any options to make this laptop have a cellular connection? I was just going to hook it up to the hotspot on my iPhone to connect to Internet but if there is another way that would be awesome!

Yes, you can review that option here:

http://m.hp.com/us/en/news/details.do?id=1575336&articletype=news_release

~Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician