Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have a lenovo G505s with 2 hard drives one 25gb ssd and

Customer Question
one 1 TB hdd. The...
I have a lenovo G505s with 2 hard drives one 25gb ssd and one 1 TB hdd. The laptop would startup in less than 10 seconds. C: was the 1 TB and D: was the SSD. I recently had to reload windows due to a software crash however now load time takes nearly 1 minute. C: drive is ssd but is nearly completely full even though I have been install all my programs and files on the HDD. How do I fix this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
7/31/2016
Laptop technician: Kamil Anwar, Laptop Specialist Technician replied 1 year ago
Kamil Anwar, Laptop Specialist Technician

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sure

I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did not know it would cost more, I do not need to remote connect

No problem. We will need to see what is causing the disk to be utililzed, and delete the unwanted programs. Please download and run Windirstar and it will show you the stats.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm running it now...

Once it finishes, it will show you the stats. You can then locate those unwanted files and remove them.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
because the computer has been reloaded its making me set up outlook so I can email the report. Is there any information I can give you to get the process moving?

No, the issue is quiet simple. And windirstat will tell you what is consuming the space. You need to remove those unwanted programs, files etc.. to free up space.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There aren't any unwanted programs... I don't think you understand my problem. I want windows to run on the SSD to increase speed and decrease load time but I want EVERYTHING else on the HDD. There are not extra programs on the SSD drive

Is Fastboot on? I think i can only troubleshoot this if i am connected remotely. Else, i will have to opt out and open the question to other experts. Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I loaded windows wrong but I'm not sure how to fix it. Remote connecting will be an additional $39?

Yes, i don't think it has anything to do with Windows. If it was loaded incorrectly, it would not start at all or give you errors

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a way to have windows on the SSD but have C: be the hdd?

You can disconnect all other drives, and then do a fresh install on the SSD. Once it has been installed, you can then add the HDD as the secondary. You cannot install Windows on SSD without removing other drives, C:\ has to be the Windows. (This is what i normally do). Second option is that you do a clean install, and choose the disk where you want windows to be installed, but if C:\ is not the main drive, it can cause issues in future. When you do a clean install, you will be given the option to choose the drive, but i will not recommend it. https://s32.postimg.org/zb7ipf51x/2016_07_31_151655.png

Can you check if Fastboot is on?