Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

My keyboard on my laptop seems to be locked. How can I fix

Customer Question
this?...
My keyboard on my laptop seems to be locked. How can I fix this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
7/29/2016
Laptop technician: John, Laptop Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
John, Laptop Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer.my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you. Could you please answer the following question

When you say keyboard is locked do you mean you cannot type anything or some of the keys are not working?

What is the make and model of the laptop?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
None of the keys on the laptop are working. It's a Toshiba Windows 8

Thank you for the details.

Please check on the bottom of the laptop for full model and let me know.

I believe you are currently chatting to me from another PC am i correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can use the touch screen pad through the navigator

OK so you are chatting to me from the problematic laptop.

after this problem started did you restart the laptop to see if this issue goes away?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am using my phone. It's a Satellite
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model #L55t-B5278

Thank for the model details.

After this problem started did you restart the laptop to see if this issue goes away?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have restarted it several times, checked keys to see if they are stuck.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not using the computer to communicate with you

OK there is no specific key to completely lock the keyboard so this issue can be either due to driver issue or the physical keyboard it self is faulty.We can try some troubleshooting to see if this issue can be fixed.

How old is this laptop?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2 yrs old
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is rarely used

That can be the reason to get the keyboard to not to function but before jumping to such conclusions.Do you have a spare USB keyboard?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

You do not have a desktop PC where you can take the keyboard and connect to this laptop for checking?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, this is the only computer I have

OK got it.

May I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The cost is an additional $39 so I will pay$80?

I will do this without additional cost because there is a possibility that this issue can be keyboard issue,i am remote accessing to check whether this is a software related issue or not.Please do not click on secure remote support that will take additional charge.let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
oK

Thank you.One moment while i prepare the link and instructions on how to use it.

Please type this address in the address bar of web browser (Internet explorer,Chrome or Firefox) http://tinyurl.com/zkr2km6 then press enter that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

I haven't got the access to your computer, is there any problem opening the link i gave or running the remote support tool (Elisnore Screen Connect Client)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think it went through

I am connected now.

Thank you

Did the laptop reboot to safe mode because i haven't got the connection to the laptop?

OK continue with system restore.

During the system restore the laptop will restart and boot to normal mode.

Try to use keyboard and let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
System restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's computer system files and settings were not changed details: the specified restore point is missing or corrupt try again using another restore point (0x81000201)

OK press windows key + R key that will open run box in that type rstrui and press enter

That will open system restore window click on next then select older restore date and try to do system restore again and let me know.

Is it running system restore now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's still not working
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The num lock light went off

when you press Num lock again does it shows the light again

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The CD won't open and the num light won't light up. The mouse still works.

OK turn off the laptop then wait for 10 seconds then press and hold the esc key and turn on the laptop while holding the esc key,see if that show any options on the screen.let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The num light is back on

Sorry to say it seems like the laptop keyboard is faulty that is why its acting erratic on num locks keys also the esc key didn't work on the start-up either.You need to replace it but before that if you can get a USB keyboard from your friend or neighbor and connect it in that way also you can make sure its the inbuilt keyboard that is faulty.Is the laptop still under warranty?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?

Yes and i replied to you,i believe you didn't get my last reply i will resend it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** have to check on the warranty.
I appreciate your help.

You are welcome.

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

John, Laptop Support Specialist