Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

Only You disconnected the remote and our text communication

Customer Question

For ***** ***** only
You disconnected the remote and our text communication at the end of the download of the Linux system. Even though I've gone to the "Boot" setting and selected "USB", upon startup the flash drive lights up like it is being accessed but Microsoft corporation starts up. I feel you abandoned me. I do not have a working machine and cannot give you a positive rating at this time. Can we reconnect?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I was remoted into your system for almost 1/2 an hour. I created the usb bootable drive for you and gave you the instructions to follow. After you left, I did disconnect. I am sorry to hear that you feel that I have abandoned you; I have not. When you say that you went to the "Boot" section, what does that mean?

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First, I did not disconnect! All Windows on my desktop were closed on the no working laptop
I used F2 to get to the settings. Across the to were Information, Main, (something else),Boot, Exit.
Under Boot, I chose USB
Pressed F10 which is Save and Exit.
On the restart, the flash drive lights up but does not start up an operating system.
Right now I have the Advanced Boot Option window open. Is there anything that can be changed here?

I said that after you left, I disconnected. I thought that were done. I apologize for that.

F2 is to get into the bios. We don't need to do that. You need to press the shortcut key that is responsible for choosing the boot drive, which may be F10, F12, or ESC. Please, try that and report back. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
F10 gives me Edit Boot Options This is what is on the screen:
Path: \windows\system32\winload.exe
Partition: 3
Hard Disk: 897adb3c
[ /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN]

You don't need to edit the boot options. Please, try F12 or ESC.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Options at the bottom of the screen are: Enter=Submit ESC=cancel

You don't need to edit that. Turn the computer off and on, then try using the shortcut key ESC instead.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I have the flash drive in at this time?

Yes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ESC gave a quick view of BIOS and then when black and the setup is starting services message appeared.I am at the Setup Utility window which has: Information, Main, Security, Boot, Exit at the top

Please, reboot and use the F12 key instead.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under Boot
#5 lists USB HDD: Generic FLash Disk

Okay. Choose that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I chose that Saved and ExitedThe setup is starting services window is back along with an inside window that "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.....Click OK to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.Once I click OK, what will I need to do?

This is not making sense. Please, try again using F12

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could not get F12 to do anything.
SHut down and restarted with ESC which gave me the quick BIOS window and then the machine goes to microsoft corporation and tried to start up.
Install window comes up

Choose to restart the installation now. Be sure that the Drive mode is still set to IDE.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
F12 gives me Windows error recovery
Choices of:
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with networking
2 others which disappeared while I was typing.Machine started up , went to Install windows, same need to restart message.

I am sorry for the confusion. Restart the computer and choose to run the System Recover once more from the beginning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other F12 options are:
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Start windows Normally

Restart the computer and choose to run the System Recover once more from the beginning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, where is System Recovery?

That is what you were doing in the very beginning. Choose to run System Recovery from the beginning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am confused.
F2 was BIOS
F10 is Edit Boot Options
F12 Windows error recovery
Do you want me to use one of these?

IS F12 what you were doing before you contacted us? Choose that option and restart the System Recovery again. Now that we changed the drive mode to IDE, it should work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not use any of these functions before contacting you. Please refer to order # ***** beginning.
You and I do not seem to be speaking the same language or using the same terms.
I am very frustrated and cannot follow your directions. I also do not think I should have to pay for 2 connections when I did not end the first session and the computer works no better now than when we started many hours ago.
Sorry, I'm not satisfied with this experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are done.