Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

Have had my laptop into HP dealer twice recently. It would

Customer Question
Have had my laptop into...
Have had my laptop into HP dealer twice recently. It would not boot up and only powered up occasionally. Was told (and I got a new battery) that did not help. The second time they rewired took the laptop apart and replaced the cable connecting to the motherboard.
It did power up a few times after I got it home, but now only if I shut it off, take out the battery, press any key, put the battery back in and turn it on. After about 3 or 4 tries it does power up and works good until it goes to sleep mode or I shut it off and then I have to do it all over again to get to boot up. I can tell when it is not going to work when the light on the caps lock stays on. Love my laptop but ready to change brands. Hope you can help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
7/27/2016
Laptop technician: michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist

Hi Jervin my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Turn off the laptop and wait for 2 mins after that power on and tap on the F2 key to get into the bios screen let me know if it stays on the bios screen or not.

Laptop technician: Sandy, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today.

I'm sorry about the issue.

Please turn off the laptop. Disconnect power cord.

Take out the battery.

And then connect power cord only and not the battery.

Restart the computer.

And check if it works fine or not.

Turn it off and try to restart it without battery and tell me about its outcome. Thank you.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer