Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

How do I reboot my toshiba satellite c55d-b5212 .holding

Customer Question

How do I reboot my toshiba satellite c55d-b5212 .holding zero does not work
and I have no systems disc to reboot.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. Are you wanting to factory reset your machine and can you tell me what version of windows you are running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish a factory reset and I'm using windows 8.1

Ok give me just a moment I am getting the manual for this model. I will see if that option is available.

Ok are you able to get into your machine at all and I am assuming you never burned the recovery software using the program it came with when first purchased correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK and also when you shut the computer down completely and you hold the zero key down and while holding the zero key down then push the power button and keep the zero key pushed nothing happens then?

If that does fail I am sending you this link to the manual make sure you have adobe reader to view this page. You will want to scroll down to page 50 near the bottom of that page are instructions on how to recovery. Page 45 shows how to burn a copy of the recovery software. http://support.toshiba.com/support/staticContentDetail?contentId=4005533&isFromTOCLink=false

Keep me informed

If you can't get to any of this a copy of the recovery software can be sent to you by Toshiba.