Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

My Acer chromebook is getting the sign Chrome OS is missing

Customer Question
Hi my Acer chromebook is...
Hi my Acer chromebook is getting the sign Chrome OS is missing or damaged
I have tried to use the USB stick still I am not able to recover
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
7/13/2016
Laptop technician: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. I presume you have the recovery app installed on the USB drive, is that correct?

Okay good. Did you restart your laptop in recovery mode?

Remote assistance will not be available to you since you are unable to start the affected laptop.

I can instruct you in starting recovery mode if you are unsure how to proceed?

Still with me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried to but it will not reboot

If you have a Chromebook with a keyboard, press and hold Esc + Refresh keys, then press Power Power. Let go of Power, then let go of the other keys. Is this how you tried to restart?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I m on the computer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On. My email

You are on the Chromebook?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please go to my emai

I cannot send emails directly to you if that is what you are asking?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did what you asked but it is say to remove the USB but whem I do it is again says os missing

Correct. Do not have the USB drive plugged in until it asks for it. Restart again using the above instructions then follow the on screen instructions after that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is a another computer

What is on another computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you remotely connect to this computer so I can show you on the cam

Well I could except for two problems. One is when you requested Premium Service, your payment failed. That you can try again as it may just have been a glitch? The other problem is, connecting to the computer you are using now wouldn't allow me access to the Chromebook unless you are trying to show me something else?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You can see the chromebook on the cam

Okay. I will open the Premium Service offer to you again. Just accept it and I will setup a remote session.

Did you get the Premium offer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I m not interested

I can still try to walk you through the process without the remote service if you like?

You have to make sure you have the Chromebook restore app installed on the USB drive. If you don't know for sure, I can assist you with downloading it again. After you have that installed, then follow the above instructions again and that should restore your Chromebook.

Dan, Computer Support Specialist