Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

My laptop will not recognize my password

Customer Question

my laptop will not recognize my password
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** Can you tell me which version of Windows you have on your laptop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 7
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. When you enter your password ***** try to log in

what is the error message you are receiving?

Are you being told password ***** or is it something else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to log on now,
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
34;the User Profile
Service failed the logon User Profile cannot be located"
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

That message indicates that corruption has occurred in your user profile. We can attempt a System Restore to try and fix the issue. This will not affect your data files.
To start the restore, start or re-start your computer and as soon as you see the manufacturer's logo begin steadily tapping the F8 key. You should shortly see the Advanced Boot menu. Using the up/down arrow keys select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter. Enter your password ***** prompted.

.

You will get a black screen where you will see this prompt: C:\Windows\System32>

At the blinking prompt enter: rstrui.exe and press enter. This will launch System Restore

(it may not start immediately so please give it some time)

When the System Restore window opens click Next and place a checkmark in the box labeled Show More Restore Points. Select a restore point with a date you are certain you could log in on and click Next.

.

Click Finish to start the restore. The machine will restart when the restore is complete and you should then be able to log in normally.
Important Note: Sometimes the first restore point will not work. If that happens perform the procedure again and choose the next oldest restore point and work your way back in time if needed.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

If you've tried a couple of restore points with no success, do this:

Start the machine up selecting Safe Mode with Command Prompt

At the prompt type: net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter

You should then see "The command completed successfully"

Restart the machine and on the login page you will now have 2 login options.

Yourself and Administrator. Log in as Administrator, the account requires no password.

Let me know when you're logged in. There's more work to do to restore

the user account.