Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Trouble shoot, repair, hardware software.
63493917

I have a hp envy 15t-3200 laptop that got knocked on floor

Customer Question

I have a hp envy 15t-3200 laptop that got knocked on floor today and went to black screen with some color to it. Want to know how to start it up so I can connect it to my network at least. Tried connecting HDMI and not working? Please help with suggestions on how to do this?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

So you dropped the comnputer on the floor....(possibly damaging it) and you are wanting to know how to turn it BACK on?

.

If you tried to power it on, and you only get a Black screen with some color on it.....it sounds like the screen is broken....or possibly the video chip, or motherboard are damaged.

.

A computer that is dropped, and no longer works properly, needs to be taken apart and each componenet needs to be tested individually for proper functionality.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually what I just found out is one of my kittens knocked over a picture frame that hit the screen and made it go black so it didn't hit the floor

Ahhh....okay....so there is a button that makes your computer want to connect to an EXTERNAL display......so by pressing this button again....the screen should come back on

give me just a few minutes to get the picture of the button you need to press to get screen back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks

Have a look at this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need to actually figure out how and where to enter password ***** connect to my network

So, is the screen workign now?

Connecting to an existing WLAN

1.Turn on the computer.

2.Be sure that the WLAN device is on.

3.Click the network icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

4.Select a network to connect to.

5.Click Connect.

6.If required, enter the security key.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No and tried to press on screen where it showed in picture and didn't do nothing

Oh geeze....i didnt read it through....my fault....the switch is INTERNAL.....and not noticeable on the outside. WIERD....why they would even put that...i dont know.

.

So....on the keyboard.......you should see the F4 button.......yes?

What color is the F4 print? Is it BLUE? Or is it White?

YOu can TRY to press the F4 button.....and if the screen does NOT come back.....then you need to find the "fn" button (most likely at the bottom left of keyboard) and while you are holding down the "fn" button.......press the F4 button also.

.

So, you hold down the fn button, and then press the F4 button......make sense?

Some buttons are DUAL prupose......and to get to the secondary function of a dual purpose button.....you need to HOLD DOWN the "fn" button (fn means function)

as you can see there are four different settings for the F4 button

If the setting is on PROJECTOR ONLY.....then your screen will be black.

But any of the other 3 settings will work.

.

But again, you may have to press the function key (fn) and hold it, before pressing the F4 button.

From what i am reading, you shoudl NOT need to press the function key (fn) and you SHOULD be able to just press the F4 button and HOLD it for about 1-2 seconds, and it should cycle through the screen choices, which will make your screen come back on.

Looks like there is a SAFETY RECALL and replacement for the power cord on your laptop

.

Here is what it is showing for that:

HP is asking that customers take the following action to determine whether this recall program affects your AC power cord by following these steps:

1. Disconnect the PC notebook or accessory AC adapter AC power cord from the wall outlet or main power supply.

2. Check the AC adapter end of the AC power cord for the marking “LS-15” molded into the connector. If you do not have “LS-15” on the connector, the power cord is not affected.

Deb?

Are you still there?

heres what the plug looks like (this is a SIDE NOTE) not related to the original issue.....but needs to be addressed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had to run for a minute sorry screen just stays black it changed colors but can't read it good enough

Are you available to continue today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry had appointment in Mpls yesterday gone all day. The first issue would be getting into my computer with the login password??? Otherwise all other information is not needed. I guess that would be the plan of attack I think?

Hey there......are you available now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK been real busy would you have a couple minutes now?

Sorry, i just now saw sat down at work.....and just saw this.

IM here now.....and for the next 3-4 hours.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi are you real busy now? Here is the update on my computer:
Got an HP Envy 15t-3200 laptop computer and just replaced the display screen today. When I went to start my computer it won’t go any further than the first part of starting windows? What could be wrong now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maybe can connect later today?

We just keep missing each other.....crazy!

.

Anyways....i will be workign all day today.....for the next 6-8 hours.

.

I cant guarantee I will be able to drop everything, once you come online...you may have to wait a bit if i am already engaged with another client.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello back again. Got the display screen replaced and works great but then upon trying to start windows somehow I got an corrupt file or files and did a restore back to the 12th of June. But things are not looking like they should on my computer. I can't connect to wifi but can connect to local internet. Any suggestions on what to do now?

Can you check the WiFi Settings?