Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have an Aspire V5-561P-6823 which I have never been really

Customer Question
impressed with. It's slow, I use...
I have an Aspire V5-561P-6823 which I have never been really impressed with.
It's slow, I use a Dell Lattitude ES440 at work and it just frustrates me to come home to my laptop.
It was a gift and I really cannot afford to replace, but is there any any type of upgrade to
make it process faster?
help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
5/20/2016
Laptop technician: Kamil Anwar, Laptop Specialist Technician replied 1 year ago
Kamil Anwar, Laptop Specialist Technician
Hi.Processor upgrades are complicated, and not recommended but it looks like this Aspire comes with a Core i5-4200U which is a decent processor. The two components you can upgrade are the ram memory and the hard disk. Can you tell me how much ram is it now? Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I tell that
Are you currently talking to me from this acer machine?
I can remotely connect with you to check the compatibility and see if the upgrade is really needed or it can be fixed by basic tweaking, or i can simply instruct with finding out how much is it now and what should you buy and replace? Let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, either you can give me an answer or not
at this point in time this service is appearing to be a rip off.
It is not and you can request a refund if you are not satisfied. Hold the Windows Key and Press E. Right click This PC and choose Properties. You will see the memory in the installed memory ram field.
Then hold the windows key and press r. type hdwwiz.cpl, expand disk drives, and type me the complete name of the disk that is installed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
6 GB
TOSHIBA MQ01ABD10
Here's what you can do to upgrade it and make it super fast.Replace the RAM with 2 x 8gb slots making a total of 16GB.Replace the hard disk with an SSD Disk which will increase read/write speeds upto 500/mb's.The RAM will cost you around $65's. What is your preferred disk size?Also do you want me to find you the ram and ssd compatible with your system?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't store a lot, a have a passport 2 GB back up, where do I get the hardware and how complicated is
it to install?
That is an external drive. You want to speed up your laptop so you would need to replace it internally. The process of installing is easy, you just have to open the laptop from the bottom and there you will see the ram and disk connected, which you disconnect and replace (there are also several videos on youtube) showing how to do this. BUT the only complicated bit is the process of cloning the old disk to the new disk, you will need to use a disk cloning software before replacing the disk, so that your existing disk can be cloned to the new ssd, for this you will need a usb sata adapter to connect the new disk to the laptop via it's usb port, and then use a cloning software such as maricum reflect to clone the disk. I can send you the links showing how to do this and where to get the usb to sata adapter. Also, if you have 6gb ram installed and usable, i am assuming you have 64-bit version of Windows 10. If that is the case, then the memory upgrade is acceptable.I found this memory to be compatible with your system:http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/aspire-v5-561p-6823/CT7774402but you can also buy other brands as long as they meet the following specs "DDR3 PC3-14900 • CL=13 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1866 • 1.35V • 1024Meg x 64 •"you can buy the SSD from this link -> http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/aspire-v5-561p-6823/CT6710774 or amazon. As per the benchmark tests, and the one i use is the Samsung Pro 512GB which is the best. It is expensive, but it's worth it. SSD Cloning Guide http://lifehacker.com/5837543/how-to-migrate-to-a-solid-state-drive-without-reinstalling-windowsAcer Ram Replacement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9iWcL7LpwE
Let me know if i can answer anything else.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** reasonable, is there any way to print this information or have it sent to my e-mail?
hold ctrl + a key to copy it all, or select the text in this chat by right clicking the mouse and dragging it down, then open notepad, or word and paste this text and print it. Also, if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking the star icon on the top right, that will be greatly appreciated. This information will also be saved here, so if you need to view it later or when you want to, just open your email, locate the email sent by justanswer and click view response to view it.