Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

Good afternoon..my desktop Gateway computer is showing a

Customer Question

good afternoon..my desktop Gateway computer is showing a black screen with this message...CD-Rom Boot Priority.......Reboot & select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device & press a key....................what has hap problemned and how can i fix this
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. It seems that the computer is unable to detect the hard drive. Please try the following and if the issue persists, you may have to replace the hard drive with a new one in order to get the issue resolved. Remove all external devices, CDs, all cables including power, monitor, keyboard and mouse from the CPU. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After doing the same, reinsert power, monitor and keyboard cables, and turn on the computer. If the issue persists, restart the computer and as soon as it starts, repeatedly press F2/Del key to get into BIOS setup utility. In BIOS, find Boot and then Boot Device Prioriy. Select HDD or Hard drive as first boot device and then press F10 to save and exit from BIOS. If the issue still persists, I would suggest you get help from a local technician to replace the hard drive with a new one. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed. If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried all you suggested and none worked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
computer said first HHD not installed
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It seems the issue is with the hard drive and you have to replace it with a new one. I would suggest you get help from a local technician, he would help you backup the files from the damaged hard drive. If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will take it to a technician since none of this worked
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If you replace the hard drive yourself, you will have to get a recovery disc from gateway in order to reinstall Windows on the new hard drive. Since the computer is more than three years old, Gateway will not give one. So, it will be difficult for you to reinstall Windows. If you contact a local technician, he may help you clone the hard drive to the new one. That is why I suggested to contact a local technician. Thank you.S H E F I N