Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

Toshiba Satellite L509D S5928 Something about fan then

Customer Question
Toshiba Satellite L509D S5928 Something about...
Toshiba Satellite L509D S5928
Something about fan then locked up and now shows blue screen with password ***** on it. No idea what password *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/20/2016
Laptop technician: Joseph Varner,
 replied 1 year ago
Joseph Varner
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'd like to assist you! It sounds like somehow the password ***** for the system Bios got turned on. Your best bet to clear it would be to follow the steps in the following video, which may also assist with the other error: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCPdsF0HjkY​.
Laptop technician: Joseph Varner,
 replied 1 year ago
It may assist with the fan issue as well, but it would be helpful to know the exact fan error. If a fan has gone bad, then the laptop will end up overheating, which will cause random crashes and shut downs. In that event, the only way to get it working again is a warranty repair. However, if the error is not a mechanical issue, it is entirely possible that the issue can be fixed by performing a BIOS update to the system. That is something I'd be happy to walk you through if you like, however you need to clear the Bios Password ***** using the method in the video I originally linked to.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That did not help. It does start up and have a black screen that says failed cmos battery. F1 continue f2 setup both take me right back to blue password ***** I can hear fan running.
Laptop technician: Joseph Varner,
 replied 1 year ago
Ok, so fan is running, that is good. When you removed the CMOS battery, did you also take out the laptop battery? We need to make sure there is no holdover charge in the capacitors. Make sure CMOS battery is out, laptop battery is out, and the laptop is not plugged in. Then press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to allow the capacitors to discharge. Then plug the cmos, battery, and power cord back in and see if that does the trick.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I did nother remove the cmos, not even sure where or how to do that. I'm off to bed for the night. I'll pick back up in the morning. Thanks for now, let me know what to do next and I'll try in a.m. have a good night
Laptop technician: Joseph Varner,
 replied 1 year ago
Sounds good! Try what I mentioned above and let me know how it goes, and we will take it from there!
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer