Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

When starting up computer it reads CLIENT MAC ADDR :00 1B 38 JA:

Customer Question
when starting up computer it...
when starting up computer it reads CLIENT MAC ADDR :00 1B 38
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Laptop Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: COMPUTER KEEPS READING PXE-E53 :No boot filename received
JA: Is there anything else the Laptop Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not that I am aware of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Laptop Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
PXE-E53 No boot filename received PXE-MOF : Exiting PXE Rom .
5/4/2016
Laptop technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Please tell me if you have a desktop or a laptop computer.I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Toshiba Satellite P205D-S7802 Laptop
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please respond thank you.
Thanks for the information! The message you see while powering on your Toshiba laptop refers to a problem with booting (starting) Windows. Since Windows is installed on a hard disk, I suggest checking if the hard disk is still detected by the laptop. To do that, please restart your laptop and then immediately start pressing the F1 key. That should enter the BIOS. There check the first tab and look for anything related to hard disk drive. Let me know what you see.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can not do that because I'm communicating on a separate laptop computer the one that is not booting is not connected to the net.please advise thank you.
You can ignore a request for a secure remote assistance. Please check if you can access the BIOS by pressing the F1 key while the laptop is powering on. If nothing happens, restart it and then immediately press and hold the Esc key for 3 seconds, and then release it. When prompted, press the F1 key to enter the BIOS. Let me know if you can then see the tabs such as Main, Security, etc.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried that and briefly showed message that Bios was shadowed and then asked for password ***** entered computer shutdown.
By default, there is no BIOS password ***** If you had enabled it yourself, you will need to type the correct one in order to fully access the BIOS.
Accessing the BIOS is not mandatory - I suggested it since it would show you if the hard disk has been detected. There is surely a problem with it since Windows cannot be loaded. I just wanted to confirm if it was detected or not. I am sure the hard disk hasn't failed completely, but will probably need to be un-plugged and re-plugged. So, I suggest doing the following:1. Completely turn off your laptop2. Disconnect the power adapter3. Turn it over and remove the battery4. Remove the hard disk compartment to get to the hard disk drive5. Un-screw several screws to be able to un-plug the hard disk drive6. Once un-plugged, clean the hard disk area and the connectors from dust. You can just blow the dust away7. After that, re-plug the hard disk and re-screw the screws8. Put the bottom cover back and re-connect both the battery and the power adapter9. Start the laptop normally and see the results Here is a video showing how to disassemble your laptop. Watch the first minute to see where it is located. Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnXKwxtnMVM Let me know the results. Regards,IT Miro
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Thanks,IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist