Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

My acer aspire v5-121 does not recgonise the battery

Customer Question
my acer aspire v5-121 does not recgonise the battery
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/27/2016
Laptop technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Hi James, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer! Let me just make sure I understand the issue here. You have a battery plugged into the machine and the machine is not detecting that the battery is there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is going on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why not
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you there
Hi James, yes, I'm here. It looks like there's a payment issue of some kind regarding the remote assistance so I won't be able to fulfill that request at this time. But we can continue on in the chat.
When was the last time that your computer recognized the battery?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i really don't know
Okay, so when you plug the computer into the wall then it will power up, but as soon as you pull the power it shuts down, is that right?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The credit card company blocked the paymen
Okay, I see. Was any reason offered as to why?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes
Okay, well as I said, we can continue on in the chat. Did you see my last question? When you pull the power on the computer right now does it immediately shut down?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i tried flashing the bios and it asked me to install a battery
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it does shut down without the ac adapter
Okay, so you're not able to operate the computer on battery power at all, is that correct?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you still there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it will run for a few minutes before shutting down
Hmm, okay thank you. So there are two batteries in the system: the main system battery (the one that you run off of when you're not plugged into the wall) and another battery called the CMOS battery. The CMOS battery is responsible for storing your BIOS settings. When you tried to flash the BIOS, that sounds like it COULD'VE been talking about the CMOS battery but that's not necessarily the case. However, it seems that your main system battery is essentially dead. In both regards, ***** ***** way to fix the issue is to simply replace the batteries. However, if you're content with running off adapter power, then it's not essential. For the CMOS battery, if that battery has in fact failed, you would most likely need a local technician to replace that for you because you have to disassemble the machine. However, replacing the battery is NOT essential for continued operation of the computer. Honestly, considering the costs involved, I would probably recommend putting the money into a new computer instead of repairing the existing machine.
Let me know if you have any other questions on this. And before leaving this page, please use the rating box at the top to rate the answer at least 3 Stars/OK Service or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the cmos battery is good and the main battery is new other people are having the same proplem with this model laptop. acer says to flash the bios I GIVE UP THANKS
Hmm, that's very strange if you just replaced the main battery. I'm out of ideas in that case. I'll opt out in case another expert has any ideas.
Laptop technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Senior Technician
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Will the machine stay on, if we remove the battery?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes let's get started, if you can't fix the problem will you refund back to my credit card
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am waiting it has been 20 minutes and you have not connected to my machine. i will have to go to work in 15 minutes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am still waiting it has been 30 minutes and you have not connected to my machine.
This is ridicilous just refund to my credit card and i will seek help elsewhere.
I WILL BE WAITING TO SEE THE REFUND
You replied over 16 hours later, you cannot expect me to be online when you reply at random times. I worked from 9 am till midnight last night, and Im just starting a similar shift today. Since you h ave requested a refund and do not have reasonable expectations of tech support ( we also sleep ) Here is the refund link. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Dustin, Senior Technician