Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

Acer zs600 all in one pc shows only a black screen

Customer Question
JA: Sometimes things that you...
acer zs600 all in one pc shows only a black screen
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Laptop Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it is a touch screen and i see no way to open the box
JA: Is there anything else the Laptop Technician should be aware of?
Customer: i build my own pcs for fun and this is not one of mine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Laptop Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
4/24/2016
Laptop technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. First off, please disconnect the power supply from the computer, and then press and HOLD down the Power button for atleast 60 seconds. Next, re-connect the power supply and press the Power button one more time to power the computer back on - does it boot up all right this time? Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done. I cannot tell if the PC has booted. I have no image on the monitor. I can hear the fan.
(Please ignore and close any automated remote assistance offer if it shows up on your screen; I'll reply back to you below.)
Hmm. Did you make sure to hold down the Power button for 60 seconds earlier? When did you first start having this issue with the system?
Also, do you hear any beeps when powering on the system now?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes. It is required to hold the power button down for at least 10 to power it off.A week ago I went to turn the PC on and there is no image on the screen. No beeps for posting, no BIOS screen, no mouse image. This PC is all touchscreen, so I have no mouse or keyboard attached.I have attempted to connect HDMI out from this PC to a monitor I know works. I get HDMI no signal on my outside monitor.When I turn the PC back on not even the blue light for the power button comes on.
Hmm, this might indicate a hardware issue with the PC's motherboard itself. However, please try something else now: First, press and hold down the Power button one more time until the system switches off. Next, release the button and then press and hold down the Power button for atleast 60 seconds again - ignore it if the screen turns back on, but continue to hold down the Power button for a solid 60 seconds. Next, release and press the Power button one more time - does this make any difference? Basically, we are trying to discharge the battery this way, which might be causing the issue here. Keep me posted.
If this does not work either, let me know and I'll forward your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You do realize this is not a laptop right?
"Ignore if the screen turns back on". If the screen turned on at all, I would very likely be able to get into the cmos and fix this. :)Turning the PC on with Windows 7 OEM in the drive makes no difference. The drive lights up and spins when I insert a disc but I cannot see an image on the screen that tells me what is happening HDMI to an external monitor or on the built in touch screen.I need to get inside this box. My question is, how do I get into this box so I can get at the HDD and mobo?
Okay. Let me open up your question to our other hardware experts now, who will be able to troubleshoot this further with you. You will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up; please do NOT rate until your issue has been resolved. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Skip it. :)
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist