Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

Acer Aspire desktop won't boot up. Just long beep til unplugged.

Customer Question
Acer Aspire desktop won't boot...
Acer Aspire desktop won't boot up.
Just long beep til unplugged.
Will not turn off w power switch
Help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/17/2016
Laptop technician: sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer
Please let me know the model no. of the PC ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Aspire M3900
Pentium
Thanks for the information, the problem you are facing caused due to ram. If you are comfortable with opening the tower of the PC then, I can give you the steps, which you can try at home.
Thanks for the information, this is a hardware problem, if you are comfortable with computer hardware and can open tower then, I can give you the steps , which you can try at home.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tower is open
OK, the problem is with the ram or rams . Can you tell me how many memory modules are installed in your PC ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fan is running
Monitor power indicator goes from green to yellow. Dell analog self test feature check
Red green blue and white bars moving
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cannot turn off; only disconnect power cable to stop.
Did you saw my last reply ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Maybe I didn't.
I have opened the tower
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Awaiting stepss to check RAM
I don't know, my be my full reply in not going to you, here it is again how many memory modules are installed in your PC ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Looks like 2, but not sure if the cards are RAM
They are blue, and don't seem to want to unplug and replug. Can you advise?
The rams look like the image below ? http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/z/UJMAAOSwZd1VfJPz/$_35.JPG
Hello, are you there ?
You seems to be busy. I am giving the steps here, please follow them when you are free. The problem is caused due to dirty contacts of the ram or defective rams.First, remove the rams from the motherboard.Clean the gold contacts on them with a pencil eraser.Reseat the rams.Check the result. If you face the same problem then try one ram at a time to find out the defective ram otherwise if you have only one ram then replace the ram as it is defective.
sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta