Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

My five-month-old laptop appears to be on strike this week.

Customer Question
When I turn it on...
My five-month-old laptop appears to be on strike this week. When I turn it on, it does go to the sign-on screen, but when I put the cursor in the box for my password & click on it, absolutely nothing happens. What's up with that?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/15/2016
Laptop technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Hi Becca, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Is your laptop running Windows 7, 8 or 10?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows 10
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have had no problems with it to date
Thank you for writing back with that information. In order to fix this issue, please boot your system into Safe Mode with Networking so that you can perform a System Restore.Here are the steps:Turn on the computer and wait for it to load the login screenThen at the bottom right corner of the screen, locate the Power icon and position your mouse pointer on the power iconPress and hold the SHIFT key while you select Power => RestartAfter your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.Please tell me when you are in Safe Mode with Networking.Keep me posted.Jess
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, something crazy just happened and now it is working fine. It reminds me of all the times my kids fevers went away on the way to the doctor's office! Up and running--thanks!
Thank you Becca for updating! If you need further assistance anytime, please let me know. I will be happy to help.Best regards,Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist