Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Support
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Unable to print message in outlook or any other program

Customer Question

unable to print message in outlook or any other program
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. What version of windows or mac is on the computer? What model printer is this? What happens when you try to print something?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 10 -- HP officejet 4650
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
What happens when you try to print something?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
print screen comes up however does not go to printer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is your fee for connecting to my laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello!!!!
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I can not do remote support right now unfortunately. I would not be able to do that until 6pm EST. Try this and let me know what happens.Hold the windows key between ctrl and alt on the left side of the keyboard.While holding it tap R and a run box should open.In that box type in services.msc and then click on ok.A new window should open on the right side find print spooler.Double click on it and another window will open.In that window click the stop button, wait 90 seconds and then press the start button in the same window.Send a print job and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Take your time and let me know the results when you can.If you get stuck let me know where you are stuck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still unable to print dam windows 10 sucks sorry. Thanks for trying...
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
We can still work on this, what happened after doing that? Did this start after updating to 10?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it did
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Please run the recommend driver check here and install anything it lists then test the printer and let me know the results: Click HereIf this did not work reply and let me know what happened before rating.If it did work please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thks
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, take your time and let me know the results when you can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still will not print its a Microsoft edge problem. If I open document with internet explorer it will print so its not a printer issue however not alldocuments will open with explorer!!!!!
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Internet explorer is working but the edge browser is not? Is that with the same document? Or does a document open in something else like word for example?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
edge is working however when I click print the print dialog box opens and there is no action hard to explain
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Open edge and hold down CTRL then while holding it press P.In the window that opens make sure your printer is the one highlighted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thks but I have done that several times and it is
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Was the correct one highlighted? If it was we can set internet explorer as the default browser so everything should open there instead, do you want to do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it was, heck at this point sure
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok let's try that and see what happens.Type default browser into the search web and windows box (may say ask me anything).Check that and choose internet explorer. Then test it you may want to restart internet explorer.You can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and looking under my questions.If edge was open you may want to close that as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have other things to do I can't sit here all I'll try and let you know thks again
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
No problem take all the time you need to get back to me. You can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and looking under my questions.