Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  15 Years saving Laptops from the recyling bin! Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

When I cut my laptop in the screen is blank . I know it's on

Customer Question

When I cut my laptop in the screen is blank . I know it's on I can hear the motor
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible. I'm sorry about the issue.I will work with you until it gets fixed. This is a question and answer session. Please do not hesitate to reply back to me at the box given below. Please follow the steps given below:Turn off the laptop.Disconnect the power cord.Now unplug the battery. You can turn it over to remove the battery.Hold down the power button on the laptop for 1 minute.Now, connect only power cord and restart it. Please let me know the outcome.Thank you, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My model doesnt have a battery or easy access to it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.
i'm sorry, i'm out of ideas and opting out and leaving this for other experts. other expert will work it and reply back to you. I appreciate your patience. Thank you.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I have a couple of questions for you. First, try holding down the power button for a minimum of 30 seconds. All lights shoudl go out and the laptop shoudl power off. Wait at least 30 seconds, then turn it on again. Does this change anything? Also, do you by any chance have an external monitor that you could hook to the laptop? If so, that would allow us to determine whether the problem is the screen itself (hardware) or possibly a software issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I am doing the steps nis to see if it works
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still black
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have another screen:(
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Did you install any updates or software right before this happened? Or any new hardware? Is there a cd in the cd drive or a usb drive inserted into the computer? Do you hear any beeps when booting the computer? Let's try this. Unplug the laptop from power, hold power button for at least 2 minutes, then press the F5 button and the power button at the same time to turn it on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok trying now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just tried that..... didn't work :(
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry. The only trick i Have left is removing the battery, but as you mentioned earlier, it's not exactly easy in this model. I will "opt out" in the hopes that the third time will be the charm and that the next expert will be able to help you. Don't worry. You won't have to repeat anything. the next expert will be able to view the entire conversation and you will be notified via email when the next expert picks it up. Have a goof evening!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Ive read over the entire conversation above and looked at all the pictures you have sent. Do you have a TV with an HDMI cord? Many dvd players and blu ray players use HDMI cords, xbox ones also use a standard hdmi cord.. So do you have a TV and an HDMI cord available? Also, at any point when you turn on the machine do you see anything in the center or corners of the screen such as the Acer logo, or small text at the corners that mentions press F1 / F1 for setup or press f12 for boot manager, any words or text or logos at any point after you press power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No word or texts.I am in a dance studio so no tv cord etc the only electronics are the lap top and cell phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The accer logo usally shows when the computer is on .... but nothing but a light as if it's on but nothing
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
What I am trying to determine is whether this is something that can be fixed through commands, or whether you would have to replace parts. A lot of times, we just need to reinstall the display driver, or even windows and that solves the issue. I understand that you dont have a TV at the studio, but do you have a TV at home or maybe an external PC monitor at the dance studio or at home that we can test the Acer laptop with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I will have to wait until I get home tonight. Thank you for your help
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
When you do get home tonight I should still be working, as I will be working on and off till around midnight Eastern time, about 7 hours from now. Id be willing to go through the repair steps with you then, when you have the TV and HDMI cord or External desktop monitor present. D.S
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem, im interested in finding the issue and repairing it! With that being said, Im not trying to spam message you however, its company policy that I send the last reply of each conversation. So please wait to respond until you are ready to continue, thank you! Dustin S.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
hello again, this is Dustin from Justanswer. Did you ever have a chance to check your machine with a TV or external monitor? Did you still need help with this issue? Please reply when you can, thank you. Dustin S.