Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

Boot Device not found, trying to turn on the computer.

Customer Question
Boot Device not found JA: Sometimes...
Boot Device not found
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Laptop Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: trying to turn on the computer.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Laptop Technician should know?
Customer: Message comes up with
JA: Our top Laptop Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Laptop Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Laptop Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
3/16/2016
Laptop technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me the make and model of the computer with the "boot device" problem.

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HP Envy Touchsmart.
Serial: CND2471NSS
Product: C8B59PA#ABG
Model: 4-1121TU
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am on a diiferent computer at the moment. As I cannot use it.
Am I with HP service department?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you need the BIOS version F.23
or do you need the UUID Number and or the Product Cofiguration ID ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can you securely connect if I cannot get it (the Note book) to Boot up?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anything?

Hello again!

I apologize for not responding earlier - I had to step away from the computer. I am available now.

It looks like there is a problem with the internal hard disk drive. I suggest running the hard disk drive diagnostics. Here is what to do:

1. Completely shut down your laptop by pressing and holding down the Power button

2. After 10 seconds, power it back on by pressing the Power button

3. While it is powering on, start pressing the F10 key and you will be taken to the BIOS - a menu with the blue background. There you will see several tabs

4. Use the keyboard arrow keys to move through the tabs since a mouse doesn't work there. Go to the "Diagnostics" tab and there you should see "Primary Hard Disk Self Test" and "Memory Test"

5. Press enter for the first one so that it runs the hard disk test. Wait sometime for it to complete the test.

Let me know what the results say.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.

IT Miro, Computer Scientist