Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook T732. I purchased an Anker USB 3.0

Customer Question
docking station. Everything I read...
I have a Fujitsu Lifebook T732. I purchased an Anker USB 3.0 docking station. Everything I read said it was compatible with Windows 7 Professional 32bit operating system. When I tried to install today, I received an error message that reads "DisplayLink installer has detected that your USB 3.0 host controller drivers could be incompatible with DisplayLink USB hardware. Please download and update your Intel USB 3.0 host controller driver before using DisplayLink technology. I tried to click on Continue anyway but it keeps coming back to this message. I clicked on "more info" and went here: http://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/544213I then went here: http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/download/Showdescription.asp?SoftwareGUID=38835140-A046-4F17-8FFF-D0C43A9A3D36The problem with this driver is it doesn't work for ServicePack 1.Can you help me locate a driver that I could install?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
3/7/2016
Laptop technician: comp_audio, 15 year veteran in auto electronics replied 1 year ago
comp_audio
comp_audio, 15 year veteran in auto electronics

Hello, my name is ***** ***** will do my best to assist you today. Please give me a moment while I read your question and get an answer ready for you. Thanks for your patience.

Please tell me if you have attempted to hook up the drive to a USB port on your pc yet and if not please do. If so what was the result? Just so I know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have and it doesn't show up
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It will show up if i plug the 3.0 usb cord into my 2.0 usb port in the back of the laptop, but doesn't show up on the 3.0 usb port

So the drive is backward compatible, which is great. As for the USB 3 adapter, let me see what I can find for it.

Please reply and tell me exactly what OS you are running and its SP level?

Also need to know if your Fujitsu is a VPRO system?

I did find that DisplayLink came out with a new driver on February 23rd 2016, in case you have not tried it here it is. Still waiting for your other answers, thanks.

http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=559

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows 7 professional, service pack 1. How do I find out if my fujitsu is a vpro? It's a life book T732
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I listed all of this in my original question.

I am sorry to ask for the info, but for some reason I do not show that info in the post. Anyways, please tell me if you attempted to use that driver I sent?

Actually, I am really sorry, as I do see that info now. My bad! :-(

If it is the VPro model you will see a sticker on it similar to the Intel type stickers, but will say VPro instead. This makes a difference only for the driver versions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok yes I see the Intel Inside Core i5 vPro sticker. I haven't tried the drive as I wasn't sure if that's what I should do. Please let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I downloaded the graphics driver and it ran it and said my driver was already up to date for datalink

ok, that is good that it is vPro enabled. What this means is that your pc has certain features available that make it a faster and better machine compared to one without. So let me check and get the link for the vPro enabled driver. BRB

Alright, there are 2 things I would like you to dl and install. One of them is attached to this chat.

1. Fujitsu updated Bios. This will possibly fix USB issues as well. (This file is attached. Extract the zip file, and in that run the exe file to install the updated bios. After it is done it will want to reboot your pc, so have all open files saved and all other applications closed.

2. Displaylink updated drivers. Unplug the USB 3 replicator, then download and install this driver after the bios has been updated. Once it is done it should tell you when to plug it back in. If it does not then simply reboot and plug it in.

After these are done, please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I leave the USB 3 replicator plugged in when I extract and run the zip file?

No, disconnect it please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok when I extracted the zip file and ran it...it asked if i wanted to allow the program to make changes to the computer. I said yet. It went to a black screen for a few sseconds. The black screen disappeared and nothing else happened. I didn't get a prompt to reboot or anything else.

Did you extract it first or opened the zip file and dbl clicked on the exe within it? It does need to be fully extracted first. Then after it is extracted you go into that folder and run the exe from there.

Here is the readme file for the update...

This software should be used in system with Intel(R) QM77 Express Chipset Family LPC Interface Controller.

Please read the following instructions before flashing the System BIOS:
- Please connect a working AC adapter before starting BIOS flash.
- Please suspend BitLocker encryption before starting BIOS flash in case BitLocker encryption is enabled.
- Please do not switch off your system until BIOS flash process is completed.
- Please reboot your system after BIOS flash has been completed.
- Please assure the first boot device is the internal HDD or Windows boot manager.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i extracted it first and it gave me the black bios screen and acted like it was processing for a few seconds, then disappeared. is there a way to see if it actually ran?

Go into your bios screen and check the version information. Look for something with FPC48-1416-01 listed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I go into my bios screen?

Here is your user manual - go to page 60 to see the instructions on how to get into your bios.

Hopeing to hear back from you with an update so that we can continue. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The BIOS version: 1.05 (01/30/20130) SECURE BIOS
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SORRY NO 0 AFTER (01/30/2013)

Okay, then it might be that it did not update the bios. The newer version is 1.2.0.0. I would like to recommend that you think about me offering you one of our premium service, "Remote Support" which then I could remote in and assist in fixing these issues. It cost on average $26, and past this are no additional costs. If you would like to try this let me know. Otherwise, I would recommend you try the update procedure again keeping the following in mind...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will let you know tonight. I have to be at a meeting for the next few hours and can't do this now.

Okay, sounds good. I would need to know a time so that I can schedule it. Thanks

comp_audio
comp_audio