Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My laptop is locked and I'm unable to get it unlocked. Is…

Customer Question
My laptop is locked and...
My laptop is locked and I'm unable to get it unlocked. Is there a way to bypass?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
3/3/2016
Laptop technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask which version of Windows you are working with?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Hi Jason, it's windows 8

Thank you kindly for the update.

I have followed the procedure below to recover the Windows password ***** few hundred times with no problems. The process is quite simple: You create the cd on a working computer, put the cd in the problem computer, and follow the rest of the instructions below.

Please, follow the instructions below to reset your computer's password:
- Click the following link and save the file: http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=livecd
- Burn that ISO file to a CD. You can use the application found here if you do not have a CD burner: http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home
- Place the CD in the problem computer, turn it off, turn it on, press the shortcut key responsible for the boot menu ( F12, ESC, F10 ), choose the CD-ROM, and boot.
- Choose Automatic and press Enter
- Sit back and allow the program to locate the passwords for you. It may take up to 10 minutes.

Reboot normally.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Ok.. I don't have another computer so that's a problem

In that case, you will need to do this on a friend's computer or purchase a pre-made OphCrack CD. I found a company that sells them pre-made. So all you have to do is put the purchased CD in the computer and boot off of it. Here is where you can buy one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ophcrack-Windows-Password-Recovery-3-6-0-LIVE-Bootable-CDs-2016-/191625886623?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Jason Jones, Computer Technician