Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a Toshiba Satellite pro and it has started randomly…

Customer Question
Hi I have a Toshiba...
Hi I have a Toshiba Satellite pro and it has started randomly shutting down, pprobably between 5 - 20mins of use. what do you suggest?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/3/2016
Laptop technician: Richard, Laptop Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Laptop Specialist

Hi there and welcome

When it shuts down, does it shut down as normal with windows indicating it is shutting down? Or it turns instantly off?

Hey Richard, It just turns instantly off.

Thanks

Can you remove the battery and the power cable and then hold the power button in for 60 seconds and release.

Then connect the battery and power cable, turn it on and tell me if it still occurs please Simon.

Thanks Richard, That worked for about 40 minutes this time but then it did it again!

Thanks, ***** ***** when I never heard from your Simon, thanks for replying

unfortunately, it confirms the issue that a capacitor on the motherboard is shorting out. When it builds up too much charge, it switches off as it shorts out.

What we did was remove residue power and this got it running a little longer but it shorted out. Eventually it will stop running out all.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Laptop to have the mainboard replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.

Thank you