Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Screen is very dim.

Customer Question
Screen is very dim.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
Not a laptop. This is my IMac desk top.
3/2/2016
Laptop technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

When did the screen go dim? Did it just start or has it been going dim for awhile?

Computer was on and really - my cat sat on the key board and it showed###-##-####and beeped. I know. I'm embarrassed.

Don't be embarrassed I cannot even tell you the amount of times I have helped people who have had issues due to cats on keyboards. Most likely what the kitty did what hit the screen dim button. Please look on your keyboard for the F15 key and try hitting that a couple of time which should brighten the display. The F14 key dims the display so I am guessing the cat tapped that with it's paw a couple times.

If this doesn't work let me know as there are a couple other things we can do.

Thanks,

Chris

Any change? If not do the following

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Display.

Drag the Brightness slider to adjust the brightness of your display.

If either of those helped please take a moment to rate my service.

Thanks,

Chris