Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I am replacing the key board on my toshiba laptop C55-A1505…

Customer Question
I am replacing the key...
I am replacing the key board on my toshiba laptop C55-A1505 my problem is how far does the curcuit need to plug in on the replacement keyboard
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
2/25/2016
Laptop technician: Joe-S, Systems Specialist replied 2 years ago
Joe-S
Joe-S, Systems Specialist

Hi Connie, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you.

When reattaching the ribbon cable to the motherboard, the contacts should simply slip inside the connector and then be secured down. You should not need to use much force at all. Doing so could damage the contacts.

Here is a good video on the process.... You may want to jump to about 2:35 to see how the cable connects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKd746NFBUk

.

I hope this helps. Please reply back if you have additional questions on this subject or simply rate my service when you are satisfied.

--Joe

Here's a better close up of the connection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpzRkdgpMMU

Jump to 7:25

I watched the video but didnt help because the video shows he is feeding it thru first, but mine yoiu dont have top do that, nor do you have to take the whole back off

I'm not aware of any other method or replacing the keyboard on that model. If the ribbon cable was disconnected on the keyboard itself then it may have been a permanent connection that was severed. The replacement keyboard is sold with the ribbon cable pee-attached to the keyboard and the removable connection is on the system board.

Here is another variation of the C55. Is this more like yours? It also has the ribbon cable permanently connected to the keyboard side and then attaches to the system board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og7JdxuhF7M

Jump to 29:00

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I figured it out...there is a little plastic piece on either side of where it plugs in..you have to push them out just a little which raises the bar that locks the circuit in place..then when its in position, push the plastic pieces back into place...ty

Ok. that's good to hear. I see you requested remote assistance which must have been in error.

Would you mind taking a picture of the connection and uploading it here. I'm curious how yours connected compared to what was displayed in the video.

I am sorry I don't have a camera to do that...

ok. That's fine. I'm glad it all came together. Is there anything else I can assist with?

I just hope I didn't damage the connection before I figured it out...no that is all I needed

Ok. Have a great day. And be sure to rate (3 stars or better) when you are satisfied.

Connie,

I see you have neither "accepted" or rated my service. Was there something else you were needing? As long as this question remains open I do not get compensated for my time and effort. If I have answered your question, please take a moment to click on the stars above to rate my service (3 Stars or better). If you have any additional questions, please reply back so they can be addressed.

--Joe

Hi Joe, I didn't leave feedback because you didn't solve my problem. I figured it out on my own. Matter
of fact, I am going to cancel this program. It was a waste of my time an money, because all you did was refer me to videos that I had already watched, and did not
give me any addition help..