Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

What is a better laptop the HP Elitebook 8540w or the HP…

Customer Question
what is a better laptop...
what is a better laptop the HP Elitebook 8540w or the HP Elitebook 8540p and what years were they made?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/16/2016
Laptop technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

It's a bit difficult to compare the two as they both could be ordered with the same processors and graphics and shared similar hardware.

HP still makes the Elitebook series today. It's hard to pin down the release date for these but based on the documentation

and reviews the time would be late 2009 for the 8540P and shortly later in 2010 for the 8540W.

The typical production run for any specific model of laptop is less than a year as new processors and

hardware are regularly introduced.

If you're looking at the purchase of either of these models, and their priced the same, I'd give the nod to the

8540W as it's a slightly higher end model with better graphics.

I've included the HP data sheets for each model below. These are very similar laptops.

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2010/mobility2010/HPEliteBook8540pDatasheet.pdf

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2010/mobility2010/HPEliteBook8540wDatasheet.pdf

Byron
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech