Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My gateway laptop screen is broken. So I am using hp monitor…

Customer Question
My gateway laptop screen is...
My gateway laptop screen is broken. So I am using hp monitor for screen display. It works with tosh a laptop but not gateway
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
2/13/2016
Laptop technician: sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 years ago
sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer

By 'broken" do you mean the screen is physically damaged or you cannot see anything on the screen ?

Broken AND can't see. Anything .
My son now said it wS displaying and the. He retired it becuz it was too slow now it show up on monitor

OK, so you are getting the display on the monitor ?

We tried laptop f4 and F5.
We couldn't find FN key
No. Not after restore

Can you tell me the model no. of the Gateway laptop ?

No . Already paid 36

Sorry, I do not understand. I asked you for the model no. of the laptop and not for the amount, which you have paid .

Ok some box display and asks for connecting for another 25 $.
Sounds like a ha k. I will get model

No, there is no need to pay any further if you do not want to pay. It seems it is asking for the deposite for the additional service.

Q5wtc model
Very small print

Thanks for the model no. of the keyboard of the laptop. There is FN key on the keyboard, look at the left side of the space bar just beside the windows logo key and most probably, you have to press the FN+F4 or F5 key to get the display on the monitor, please try and let me know.

Can I do this now . Or do I have to reboot

No, you can do it now. But, you have to do it everytime you power on the laptop.

Neither work f4 or f5

Did you hold down the FN key while pressing the F4 or F5 key ?

Held it down for a few seconds.
Would any RESTORE process change this display problem
He restored to factory settings

If the screen is not physically broken then and you can see the gateway logo, as soon as you power on the laptop then, restore process can solve the problem.

I can't see screen at all . Is there a key combination to restore
FYI... The display on monitor worked on my toshiba laptop
Which is why I asked abt restore.
Restore on the gateway

You said that, you are getting the display on the external monitor and now you cannot see anything after the restore and now once more you wanted to know, how to restore, I am getting little bit confused at this point, if you are able to restore then, why do you want to restore once again ?

Let me be clear.
We first used the gateway externally attached to the hp monitor
It worked UNTIL he decided to restore the gateway to FA TORY settings becuz it wals runNing so slow.
After restore of gateway, it would no longer display on external monitor. And so I can't see laptop screen or can I see on external HP monitor.

Are you able to see anything on the laptop monitor before the restore process ?

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer