Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a Toshiba laptop s/n/ 1102191946 that I purchased in…

Customer Question
I have a Toshiba laptop...
I have a Toshiba laptop s/n/(###) ###-####that I purchased in 2014. It has been fine, but now opens with a message that no bootable devise is found.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
2/11/2016
Laptop technician: Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

The issue means that the computer is unable to detect your hard drive.

Please try the following instructions and if the issue persists even after following those, you may have to replace the hard drive with a new one.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist