Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I am stuck on ASUS screen it says please press F2 to enter…

Customer Question
I am stuck on...

I am stuck on ASUS screen it says please press F2 to enter EFI BIOS setting. I press F2 and nothing happens. I tried pushing F8 & F10 still goes back to the same screen. My keyboard light is on but it seems to do nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The keyboard light is on when I push F2 it doesn't do anything. I tried turning it off and pressing F8/ F10 it goes back to the same screen saying. PLEASE PRESS F2 TO ENTER EFI BIOS SETTING.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/11/2016
Laptop technician: Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the model number of your computer?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

MODEL NO: AR5B95
WINDOWS 7
ITS A BUSINESS COMPUTER

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

THE LIGHT DOES NOT APPEAR ONCE I PLUG IN THE ADAPTER
IT IS NOT A NOTEBOOK ITS A BUSINESS PC

If it is a desktop, remove all external devices, CDs, all cables including power, monitor, keyboard and mouse from the CPU. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After doing the same, reinsert power, monitor and keyboard cables, and turn on the computer.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Can you remove the Keyboard from the computer and insert it to a different USB port?

Do you have another keyboard to try with?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

i tried that but the other keyboard does not light up. It works not the other pc but not on this one.
works on the other pc

How old the computer is? Is it under warranty?

Can you open the cover, remove and reinsert the RAM sticks?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

The keyboard light came on but I still get the same screen and its not doing anything

Thank you.

S H E F I N

not sure how old the computer is and no its not under warranty. Where do you want me to open it? Did you see the pic I sent you of the PC/ system.

Can you send me the other side of the Tower too? With the model number?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Here
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
I opened up the drive, took it out and put it back in. Turned on computer and its still on the same screen.

Follow the instructions in the link below. Instead of upgrading the RAM, remove it and replace it after two minutes.

http://www.spotwise.com/2008/10/16/upgrading-the-ram-on-eee-box/

Try both hard drive and RAM.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Tried that and still the same thing

Have you tried turning On without connecting the hard drive. Check if you get the same message without the hard drive.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

it says REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE OR INSERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE AND PRESS A KEY

That means the computer is working fine without the hard drive. Try connecting the hard drive and check if you are getting the same response.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

NOW IT GOES BACK TO THE SCREEN FROM THE BEGINNING
WITH THE HARD DRIVE IN, I AM TRYING TO OPEN THE PROGRAM CALLED KEYSTROKE POS AND IT SAYS SPECIFIED PATH NOT FOUND.

Are you getting the same Asus logo with the hard drive in?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

It seems that the computer is unable to detect the hard drive and unable to boot. The issue may happen because of a bad Hard drive or RAM. I would suggest you contact a nearby repair shop and check the issue. Most probably, it will be the hard drive.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

I am not satisfied with the answer may I get a refund? I wanted a fix but now I have to call a repair shop and spend more money. Sorry.

Please contact our customer support to get a refund. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

Thank you.

S H E F I N