Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a Dell Inspiron One 2305 - two days ago it was

Customer Question
working fine. Today I...
I have a Dell Inspiron One 2305 - two days ago it was working fine. Today I turned it on - I heard it power up but the screen remained black. the power light stays red/amber. No sounds. Any idea what I can try? I've unplugged, rebooted, etc. Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
2/10/2016
Laptop technician: Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Remove all external devices, CDs, all cables including power, keyboard and mouse from the CPU. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After doing the same, reinsert power, monitor and keyboard cables, and turn on the computer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Unfortunately, this did not work.

When you try turning it ON, do you get any response from the computer? Do you see the Power LED lit and fan blowing?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

The power light stays amber/red - this is an all in one....I don't see any other lights other than the power button. The indicator on the power cord is blue - indicating that it's on. I hear the initial sound of startup, and can hear a fan on.

Do you hear the Windows startup sound? Do you have an external monitor to check the display?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

No Windows startup and no, I don't have an external monitor.

Press and hold the power button till it gets OFF. then, wait for two minutes and try restarting the computer.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

I got the same result. :(

It seems like a hardware issue. However, I would suggest you check with an external display if you are able to get one.

I would suggest you contact a nearby repair shop, because the issue is with the display, or the motherboard itself. If the computer is not in warranty, please get it repaired by a local technician.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Thank you.

You are most welcome! Please be back if you have any issues.

Thank you.

S H E F I N