Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

Since updating to Windows 2010 my CD/DVD will not work. What

Customer Question
can I look at to...
Since updating to Windows 2010 my CD/DVD will not work. What can I look at to fix or do about this proble. I have a Qosmio F60 Laptop
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Laptop
2/4/2016
Laptop technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. I know computer problems can be frustrating.

When you say the drive is not working, is it just not detecting the disc at all when you put something in there? And are you sure it was working properly before the Win 10 upgrade?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Working perfectly before upgrade. Put a disc in and you can hear it but no sound comes from CD nor and picture on a DVD.

Hmm, okay I see. So basically you put the disc in and nothing happens, is that correct?

Okay, well that could be a few things.

Would you be okay with me remotely connecting to your computer to take a look at some things? That may make this process a little faster for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not right now I am about to go out, but would appreciate it if I reconnect, later today.

Okay sure, let me know when you're available and we can try to synch up.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am available now to try and correct the CD/DVD player problem.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
After a conversation with a friend, who has the same problem. I believe that my computer is not compatible with Windows 2010 but the only thing that is not working is the CD/DVD drive. Can I get a new drive or some sort of upgrade, so that I can use it.

Hi again.

The CD/DVD is just basic hardware, not much different from a keyboard or mouse. They require no external drivers beyond what Windows already has. I did a bit of research on this for you and it looks like a lot of people have had this problem. Many have reported success getting things to work again after a registry fix.

If you're available, let me know and I can get connected and we can try a few things.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Chris,
I can not believe it has taken me this long to get back to you about my CD/DVD Drive. I will be around my PC for a few hours now so if convenient we can connect, and try to fix.

Ha ha, I was wondering what happened to you! I figured you had found a fix already.

Let me know if you're around and I can try to get connected.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am here right now.

Okay, looks like we've finally synced up.

Let's try to get connected.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK

Just click on the following link. It's going to ask you to run a program. Go ahead and do that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Okay, says Still Waiting for Guest on my side. Did you get that program run?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where do I find the link.

I posted it a couple of minutes ago. Do you not see it?

Any luck?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is connecting I think

It looks like our connection became unstable and I lost control of the machine.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will try and connect in 24 hours. Evening meal time here.

Okay, sounds good.

ChrisC
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast