Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Patti cannot restore laptop
, installed win 10 and

Customer Question
Patti cannot restore...

Patti cannot restore laptop

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Installed win 10 and tried to uninstall back to win7 now cant run anything restore beeps

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
2/3/2016
Laptop technician: Sandy, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it gets fixed. This is a question and answer session. Please do not hesitate to reply back to me at the box given below.

Please follow the steps and tell me the outcome:

Turn off the laptop.
Disconnect the power cord.
Now unplug the battery. You can turn it over to remove the battery.
Hold down the power button on the laptop for 1 minute.
Now, connect only power cord and restart it.

nope get a windows logo and fan running but nothing starts

Could you please tell me about the make of this laptop? HP, Dell, Acer, Toshiba or other?

What Operating System was originally installed on it when you purchased it new?

Do you have very important data/files on this laptop or it is already backed up?

HP2000-369WM win7 2 yrs old and no important files
fan runs logo shows but nothing will run

I suggest you to try to restore this laptop to factory settings as given under:

Turn off your computer.

As soon as you restart your computer, IMMEDIATELY please start tapping( hitting up and down many times unlesss something related to recovery is shown on the screen) F11 key. Now, please follow the on screen instructions to restore your computer to factory settings.

tried that it just beeps

Do you have Windows 7 operating system disk or Windows 7 recovery disk that came along with laptop?

Which one do you have?

win7 dvd

Have you already used it(today/yesterday) to reinstall Windows 7 on this laptop?

tried not sure if done right

I suggest you to reinstall Windows 7 operating system using Windows 7 operating system disc. I'm sending you phone support offer. Please accept that and I will call you on the phone and help you reinstall Windows 7 again.

Please reply back and let me know. Else, I will help you over the question and answer session only.

Insert Windows 7 dvd into dvd drive and then restart your computer.

As soon as you restart the computer, IMMEDIATELY, please start hitting(up and down) SPACEBAR key on the keyboard. It will start the start loading from the disk.

And reinstall Windows 7 again. Thank you, ***** *****

Have you started installing Windows 7 using Windows dvd? Please let me now once.

I'm following up with you to see how everything is going.

Do you still need help with this?

If you have any other query regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else please take a second to rate my service by clicking the stars at the top of the screen thensubmit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, ***** *****