Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have an acer chrombook model ZHN. The screen went dark and…

Customer Question
I have an acer chrombook...
I have an acer chrombook model ZHN. The screen went dark and I can't fix it ( I can barely see anything)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
2/2/2016
Laptop technician: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. How old is it please?

I think it is 3 years old
mFG date is 11/18/2013

Thank you. Can you see anything at all on the screen? Is it dim or totally dark?

Super dim. IF I restart I can see where the icon is to type in password. I can see little after that and am using a flashlight on screen
Are you still there?

Okay, the flashlight is the trick I would have had you try. There is a small back light embedded behind the screen that illuminates everything you see. These will eventually fail or burn out just like any light bulb. The only thing you can do is to have it professionally repaired, and depending on what you originally paid, it probably wouldn't be economical to do so.

this chromebook is junk?

Well, I guess there is no other way to say it, but, yes. How much did you pay for it?

Still here?

I would be happy to continue working with you if you would like to continue. Please let me know.