Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

I have an acer chrombook model ZHN. The screen went dark and

Customer Question

I have an acer chrombook model ZHN. The screen went dark and I can't fix it ( I can barely see anything)
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. How old is it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it is 3 years old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mFG date is 11/18/2013
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Can you see anything at all on the screen? Is it dim or totally dark?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Super dim. IF I restart I can see where the icon is to type in password. I can see little after that and am using a flashlight on screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the flashlight is the trick I would have had you try. There is a small back light embedded behind the screen that illuminates everything you see. These will eventually fail or burn out just like any light bulb. The only thing you can do is to have it professionally repaired, and depending on what you originally paid, it probably wouldn't be economical to do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this chromebook is junk?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Well, I guess there is no other way to say it, but, yes. How much did you pay for it?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Still here?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I would be happy to continue working with you if you would like to continue. Please let me know.