Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My laptop screen is black when i turn it on

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
1/24/2016
Laptop technician: Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

I have one whote light that came on on both instances but it still isnt turning on
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Please remove the Adapter and battery once again.

Then, insert the Adapter only. Press the power button to turn the computer on and let me know the exact response. Even if it is a single blink from the power LED.

Then, insert the battery only (remove the adapter.) Press the power button to turn the computer on and let me know the exact response. Even if it is a single blink from the power LED.

Also, let me know the make and model number of your Laptop.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

When I plugged the adapter in, one white light came on. Then three white lights came on momentarily, now thetwo lights on the left are on. No screen.

Do you hear the fan blowing? Any response from the display?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

I hear the fan
No display with battery in and adapter out, i have one white light

Do you have an external monitor to check with the Laptop?

May I know the make and model number of your Laptop?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

No i don't have an external monitor
Toshiba model PSK0QU - 01200D
It about 5 years old

it seems like a hardware issue. If you can get an external display, we can check if it is with the display or not. If it is not with the display, might be with the mainboard or its components. Either way, you have to get it to local repair shop in order to resolve the issue.

If it is with the main board or display, it is better to get a new computer instead of repairing it. The repair cost will be more. I would suggest you with a local repair shop. Please try pressing and holding down the power button (without the battery and adapter) two more times and then check with the technician.

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

Thank you.

S H E F I N