Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My hard drive o n my hp pavilion started making a noise then…

Customer Question
My hard drive o n...
My hard drive o n my hp pavilion started making a noise then I shut the computer down and when I restarted I get a screen that says boot device not found please install operating system on your hard drive and hard disk 3f0 f2 system diagnostics I run a system diagnostic test on the hard drive and it says not found
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
1/19/2016
Laptop technician: Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

It shows that the hard drive is bad and you have to replace it in order to get the computer working. Please try the following and if the issue persists, please get a new hard drive for your computer.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, it is better contacting a local technician in order to replace the hard drive. He may help you recover the data in the bad hard drive, however it not 100% sure.

Note : If you do not have a recovery disc in order to install Windows on your new hard drive, you may have to get one from HP for installing on the new hard drive.

Please do not replace the hard drive yourself, if you are not familiar with it. Get help from a technician, he will help you install Windows on the new hard drive too.

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

I have tried all thing yoy just suggested on my own...it seemed to me it was exactly as you said but I am not a professional so I could not be sure....the computer is only about 1 and a half years old. I am capable of replacing the hard drive myself but do not have a recovery disc. Thanks anyway...guess I was hoping there was another angle on this that would not involve me having to replace the HD and either having to buy all the software or wait on HP yo get these things to me .... I guess I will try and contact them and hopefully there will be no charge

Please be informed that, since the warranty has run out (standard warranty is for one year), HP will not help you with replacing the hard drive. However, you can get a recovery disc from them. Please try contacting HP and if they are not ready to help you, please replace the hard drive yourself, and get a recovery disc from HP to install on your computer.

If you have any questions, please be back.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Thanks

You are most welcome!. If you have any issues, please be back.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist