Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have been using Acer Aspire 7745-5632 since late 2010

Customer Question
without any problem Just a...
I have been using Acer Aspire 7745-5632 since late 2010 without any problem Just a few days ago it suddenly failed to work. It doesn't seem to be dead. I hope it's possible to fix it. Current symprom is as follows.
After turning the power on (blue LED comes on), about 10 seconds later following message appears on the upper left of the screen.
A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
- (this hyphen keeps blinking)
I followed this instruction to restart (yes, it restarts!), but after a while the same message comes up.
What am I supposed to do for this problem?
Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
1/18/2016
Laptop technician: Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

It seems that the hard drive of your computer is going bad. However, try the following.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, please get into BIOS setup utility, and check if the hard drive is listed as first boot device.

Also, you can try a system restore if you have already backed up your data.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N