Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator
58973002

Running windows 10 on my pc. cannot connect to group policy

Customer Question

running windows 10 on my pc. cannot connect to group policy client service. what do I do?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

When you say cannot connect. Are you receiving a specific error message? Do you have any logs appearing in event viewer?

Also, is this computer a member of a domain, or is it a stand alone computer?

.

Please reply back so I can better understand the nature of the problem and help you find the right solution

--Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I receive an error message when I log-in to my pc. Not sure where event viewer is. My pc is a stand alone computer. It is an HP Pavilion 64bit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
since I downloaded Windows 10 my pc has been sluggish and refuses to restart. I notice all Windows 10 features do not always work. (Cortana, Store, etc.)
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

It sounds like there is something corrupt within the operating system. I would do a refresh on your PC to correct the issue.

This will remove any programs you have installed currently, so they will all need re installed if you want to go through with this step.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I refresh my operating system?
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

go to the start menu search for settings --> update & security --> recovery --> Reset this PC (get started) --> keep my files

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I do this, will it remove Windows 10? My pc came installed with Windows 8.1
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

It will still be Windows 10, but all your programs will be gone and need to be reinstalled.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to do the refresh option?