Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

The wireless capability went off on my satellite L855 S5210

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2015
Laptop technician: Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the model number of the computer? E.g. Satellite C455-6570

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Satellite L855 S5210
This is taking a while because I'm using my iPad
Did you get it?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Please press and hold the Fn key and try tapping the F12 key. Try it three times and check if the wireless is getting enabled.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

No it didn't work

Try reinstalling Wireless driver. Follow the instructions below.

1. Click the Start button and, in the Search field, type TOSHIBA Application Installer. In the list that appears above, click on your selection.

2. Click Next.
3. Click the item you want to install, that is wireless driver.
4. Click Install.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.

Then, try enabling Wireless if needed. Let me know the result

Thank you.

S H E F I N

It says no items match your search

Since you are not able to access internet on your computer, it will be difficult to download the driver on your computer. I would suggest you restore the computer to an earlier date, when the computer was working fine. try the instructions below.

Please click Start button, select All programs, Accessories, System Tools and select System restore.

Select restore the computer to an earlier date. Select a date when the computer was working fine.

Follow the on screen instructions.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

I did that. I did system restore to yesterday. I can try it again.

Try an earlier date. And try enabling it again after the restore.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

This takes a few minutes.

Take your time and let me know the result.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

I think I did it wrong. Do you mind if I try again?

Take your time. I will be here only.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

It wants to restore it to today. How do I change it to an earlier date?

Select Choose a different Restore point and the put a check mark on Show more restore points. Then, select an earlier date.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

The earlier date it shows is the one I restored it to before I contacted you & it didn't do anything.

Can you download the driver from below link, transfer it to your computer and install it on your computer?

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3459909

Go to the link, select Drivers & Updates, select Wifi from the left pane, download Intel, Realtek and Atheros wireless drivers, and try one by one on your computer?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

I'm using an even earlier date now.
I don't know how to do that from an iPad

If that does not work, try following the instructions I have given. I would suggest you download it on another computer, if you have one.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

How do you transfer that from one computer to another that doesn't have an Internet connection?

Use a USB flash drive to transfer files.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

I will see if this system restore works first. I do have another computer I can use.

Try System restore and if the issue persists, use another computer to download the driver.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

The system restore did not work

Can you try downloading and installing the driver?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

You said to save the drivers on a flash drive. How do I do that? They get saved on the gard drive of the other computer.

Please go to your Downloads folder. If you are using Windows, open your Computer/My computer window. You can see Downloads folder on the left pane. Open Download folder to find the downloaded drivers. Connect the flash drive, right click on the Downloaded driver, select Send to and select your flash drive name.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

How do I download it from the flash drive to my computer? I clicked on it, but I don't know if it downloaded to the computer.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Are you able to download and transfer the downloaded file to the flash drive?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist