Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

Our toshiba lap top will not turn on it has been chargting

Customer Question

our toshiba lap top will not turn on it has been chargting for a couple of days. could it be the battery?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

Sir could you please provide the full model of the Toshiba laptop which you can find on the bottom of the laptop.

How old is the laptop?

Even if the battery is not working you can use the laptop using the power adapter,Is the light indicator for battery charging showing ?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. To reply back to me use the reply box below. You will also get email notification in your email too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toshiba Satellite c55t-a5222. it is two years old. the charging indictor light is on.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the details.It seems like a motherboard issue but before going to such conclusion please try the following and see if there is any change.

Make sure the laptop is powered down completely and then disconnect the AC adapter. Remove the battery and press and hold the power button for about 60seconds. Release the button do not insert the battery back now plug the adapter back and turn on the computer. See if the problem persists.

Let me know the result.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After following step above the problem presist as the same.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.When you try to turn on the laptop does it show the initial Toshiba screen or nothing at all?

Do you hear the sound of the fan in the laptop spinning?

Does any other light indicator on the laptop shows up of blinks continuously also is there any beep sounds from the laptop?

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
two light beside the battery charging light come on. no blinking the number lock comes on no noises no beep no fan
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

That is strange no fan spinning sound but it shows caps lock and 2 other light indicator.

We can try resetting the memory modules to see if that is causing the issue.To do this you need to remove the back cover on the memory modules.Are you comfortable in doing this if so let me know and i will give you the instructions.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with your help i am comfortable doing it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tied it again. this time i could hear fan turning.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Good is there any display on the screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, same lights on no display
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK then we will reset memory module to do that follow the below instructions

1.First download this user manual http://tinyurl.com/zo2kuu9

2.Make sure the power adapter is not connected and battery is removed

3.Go to page 47 (Adding memory) of the user manual that will show you the back cover you need to open which have the memory modules.

4.Once the memory cover is removed go to bottom of the page 50 and 51 for Removing a memory module.If you have 2 memory modules remove both and make sure the contact part of the module is not dusty.if its dusty blow it using a air can or dry cloth (Do not use wet cloth)

5.Once its cleaned insert 1 memory module in one of the slot like shown in page 48 (Adding memory)

After that cover the memory bay using the cover and then connect power adapter and try to turn on and see if there is any change and let me know the result.

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir checking to see whether you were able to do the above instructions?

Sincerely,