Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have an Asus X205 laptop. yesterday I downloaded Windows

Customer Question
I have an Asus X205...
I have an Asus X205 laptop. yesterday I downloaded Windows 10 and now I can not get into the internet! help!!!!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
12/11/2015
Laptop technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 2 years ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

What version of Windows 10 did you get, 32bit or 64bit, do you know?

You need to update the drivers for your wireless card but only the 32bit version is supported, you might be able to get it working on 64bit anyway though.

Here's a link to the driver page:

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ASUS_EeeBook_X205TA/HelpDesk_Download/

Select Windows 10 as your OS then click on Wireless and click on Global under Broadcom Wireless Lan Driver and Application

This will download the driver you need for your Asus.

Once installed, you may need to restart the computer - you should be able to connect to your network.

Providing it is not compatible, I can help you go back to Windows 8.1 or 7 if that's what you had.

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

I am not tech savvy! Can I do this on my Desktop?

Sure, I can do it for you on your desktop if you're not sure, is that what you're on now?

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then From your computer click the following link:

https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=bb9371b1-bd10-44d4-a8f6-a1c91d4acfee

Then click Join your session -->

And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client

Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer