Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have an Acer E1 522 which allows me to sign in but after a

Customer Question
Hi I have an...
Hi I have an Acer E1 522 which allows me to sign in but after a few minutes the screen freezes and eventually crashes with "default boot device missing or boot failed"
I purchased a 1TB DRIVE AND CLONING KIT but only twice got to the point where the SW showed me that 5% of sectors had been read and all failef then system crashed with the above message
B4 I take this in for repaif can I get some help?
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2015
Laptop technician: Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer replied 2 years ago
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer

There is a 99% chance that this is hardware. If that is the case, nothing we do here will be able to resolve it. And really, in this case I would hesitate to even attempt troubloeshooting in this type of forum, as each attempted boot may damage things further. Either you have a hugely corrupted hard drive, a power problem, or the hard drive itself has a hardware issue. In each case you do not want to be trying things in order to narrow the problem down. You want to get it into a shop for repair immediately. I am sorry! I wish I had better information for you! But working with it here will just make things worse!

Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer