Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I booted in to safe mode and it wiped my password. Now I

Customer Question
I booted in to safe...
I booted in to safe mode and it wiped my password. Now I can't access my laptop
How do I get in to regular mode
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
11/24/2015
Laptop technician: Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your laptop?

Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

When you shut down / restart the laptop normally, it boots to regular mode right?

Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?

Are the CAPS lock or NUM lock keys on or off on the keyboard?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Acer satellite
Windows 10
I know enough to check caps
Yes it shows the lig in
To shiva satelite
Sorry tishiba

I'm sorry; I'd just like to confirm everything; you don't know how many people forget about CAPS key and NUM lock key.

Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen? If yes, do you recognize that email address? If yes, do you currently have access to that email address?

It shows the windows 10 log in screen
With my pic and email and password *****It is not accessing the Internet so changing my Microsoft password ***** work

Is this a desktop or laptop? Thank you.

Laptop

Can you use the wireless / Wi-Fi icon option at the login's screen to connect to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name, if you have?

And/or can you connect the laptop to the internet modem/router device temporarily with an Ethernet/network cable? Please let me know. Thank you.

It's in safe mode. No internet connection

Can you shut down / restart the computer normally, then does it go to Safe mode or Normal mode? Thank you.

It's hooked to a cable. There is no internet.
What I need to know is there a way to boot it back to regular mode.
F8 doesn't work
If it went to normal mode I wouldn't have a problem. Obviously. It boots back in to safe mode.

Sorry, I'd just like to confirm that first. Can you try:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.

Please let me know if you see a menu or not. Thank you.

No menu
  1. At the password ***** login screen, click on the Ease of Access icon.
  2. Click on the On-Screen Keyboard option.
  3. Click on the Shift key on the left of the on-screen keyboard.
  4. Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart.
  5. See if a menu appears or not.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Got a menu

Great. Can you go to the Troubleshoot menu / advanced option / startup settings, etc., and see if there is any option to go back to normal mode.

The only start up option is to start it in safe mode

Sorry, I'm troubleshooting this on my windows 10, please wait a bit, thanks

In Advanced options, can you select option System Restore, then restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, and check? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I can. And I need the password ***** do a system restore.

Sorry, so the password ***** not work for System restore either. Do you need any data / file on this computer? Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new? Thank you.

Not even maybe is that an option. That's why I asked for help to get out of safe mode
You don't seem to know any more about this than me.
This is not helpful

I'm sorry; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. If you had tried the Shift key method to go to Safe mode previously (instead of using the msconfig option), then you can go back to normal mode (without correct password.) I believe the only way to fix this is to reset the computer fresh, but you would lose your data (unless you have backup.) Please let me know if you'd like this option. Thank you.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer