Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have a Samsung P530 laptop and the screen is completely

Customer Question

I have a Samsung P530 laptop and the screen is completely dead. The blue lights on the touchpad come on but screen stays dark.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. Can you hold a bright light up to the screen and tell me if you see a faint image at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing at all, screen is completely dead and dark

I see this machine uses an LED screen, There are two things that could be going on here. Either the video cable has became detached or partially detached from the screen on the inside or the LED screen has gone bad. More than likely it has became loose and partially disconnected. Yes this would mean the LCD assembly would need to be taken apart. Do you have experience doing this if not I can try and locate a video on how to take it apart. If you don't feel comfortable doing this it would need to be taken in to a local computer repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can do that. I have checked the cable connector at the top of the screen itself behind the casing and that's ok. Is the other end under the keyboard and could it have become detached there?

No usually that does not come detached. Did you disconnect the cable and reconnect it also known as reseating? Also are you able to connect an external monitor to the machine as well and restart it to see if it responds at all that way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just connected to external monitor via VGA and nothing there either

I see, so it's not responding on external as well. Did it respond at all upon restart because if it's not responding that way at all on external or internal it means there is a graphics card problem. Especially if no video signal on neither.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, no response at all so guess it graphics card and as that's in built I guess it new laptop time?

Yes that is built in and integrated the only way to fix the problem would be to replace the motherboard I am very sorry to say.

Please let me know if you have more questions for me, If you want to replace the motherboard I am sure we can locate one and locate a video on how to replace it. Please let me know, if you don't have any further questions please don't forget to use the rating system and remember positive feedback is the only way we are compensated for our time thank you.