Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

I keep getting the following error message when trying to

Customer Question

I keep getting the following error message when trying to boot up an ASUS laptop.
Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation.
There is no disc drive on this computer. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this error message so it will let me get to windows?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

When did the problem start and was the computer working before this?

By the sound of it Windows either failed to install Windows or failed to update Windows and is now missing operating system files required to boot up. Either way you will need a Windows installation disc to repair this. Is the computer still under warranty?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started about 6 months ago and I am just now getting around to getting it fixed for my daughter. It's no longer under warranty and I have no way to reinstall windows, because it was a factory install. Is there anything I can do to restore it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get on the internet with it to download windows and It doesn't have a disc drive.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Ok, sounds like you might have to do quite a few things to get this back up and running again.

The fact you have no disc drive means you will need to get an external DVD drive to install anything on it as USB isn't an option for Windows.

The other thing you will need is a Windows installation disc.

You can obtain both the external disc and installation disc at Best Buy. I can link you to those if you like.

The alternative would be to take it into a computer shop and have them install it for you with their own external DVD drive but it might cost you quite a bit more.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I hit F9 it takes me to a screen that allows me to choose an option: Continue, Troubleshoot or Turn off your PC. Is there anything I can do in Troubleshoot that will get rid of this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel my phone call request and I will just take it to a shop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can keep the $5, but do not charge me anymore. I could have just followed the message on the screen if you were just going to tell me to install windows. Thanks but this was no help at all.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Sorry if you were looking for a different answer but that's all you can do in this situation