Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

First my new HP laptop with windows 10 would not open the

Customer Question
start menu or start up...
first my new HP laptop with windows 10 would not open the start menu or start up cortana, I tried to start to open the computer in safe mode, now it will not accept my password ***** start up at all
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
11/14/2015
Laptop technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 2 years ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

When did the problem start?

Are you unable to login via normal mode as well?

Have a look at what email address is listed as your username or directly under your username and try to log into Windows using the Microsoft account you see listed there.

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

Look, I am writing this on my desktop, the laptop will NOT work at all because it will not accept the same password ***** have used with it for almost a year. You cannot work remotely with it, because it is not working.
I have paid 46 dollars for this consult, I want to fix this and not pay anymore

Sure that's no problem - have a look at my questions and see if you can give me a little more info on that.

Thanks

for a week, the error message said, we will fix the start up menu the next time you log in.
Today, I tried to start the computer in safe mode, but it did not work, as in it would not accept my password ***** start up.

Have you tried restarting and going into Normal boot mode as opposed to safe mode?

I was trying to get to the start up menu config through windows exe, but now it is completely locked down and will not open because it says my password ***** ***** which it is not
it will NOT boot up at all, this is what I am trying to tell you
I turn it on, the screen for password ***** up, it rejects it and does not go any further
I have turned it off and on several times now
how can I turn it on and get to another screen? I do not know how to do this with windows 10

Let's go one step at a time.

Not booting at all means the computer does not even attempt to boot up. No messages on the screen, nothing.

There are 2 sets of passwords you can run into when booting the computer, one is the BIOS password ***** the other is the Windows password.

What does the password ***** look like for your computer?

Does it look all old and MS-DOS like or does it say Windows?

I am in setup utility right now, I figured out how to open it
It is windows

If you are in the setup utility then it means you are in the BIOS screen, which usually looks blue (or grey).

You can press F9, then F10, hit Enter to save and let the computer reboot on its own.

See if you can get to the Windows logon screen again.

load set up defaults?
f9

Yes, press F9, then F10, hit Enter to save and let the computer reboot on its own.

I have to go to work now, you can please return my paypal payment, since I got no resolution at all. I am sorry I tried to work with you. I guess I have tried this before, and it did not work then either. Thanks for nothing, please return my money.
I did that and the sign in page still comes up, and it still rejects my password

Of course it does - I never asked you to go into the BIOS, I was merely showing you how to get out of the BIOS so we could move onto the logon screen.

You may request a refund by calling 1(###) ###-####br />
Have a lovely day!

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer