Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I seem to have lost my curser (toshiba laptop with windows

Customer Question
8) - how do I...
I seem to have lost my curser (toshiba laptop with windows 8) - how do I get it back. It is there until I sign in and then it's gone.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2015
Laptop technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me the exact model of your Toshiba laptop?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

WHERE do I find that info?
Satellite c55 series?

Thank you for writing back. I believe there is a sticker in your laptop that will identify it like "toshiba satellite p750"

Satellite C55 Series
the curser appears on the screen until I sign in - then disappears when windows opens

Thank you for that information. Can you please check your laptop's keys, specifically the function keys F1 through F12. Please check if one function key there has a touchpad icon.

F4 I think

Ok. If your F4 has that touchpad icon, please press the Fn key and hold, then press F4.

That shall turn ON and OFF the touchpad cursor.

nope - doesn't work once Ive signed in

Are you using the computer now to chat with me?

If Fn+F4 did not work, please try pressing F4 only

I am using an apple to talk with you - ive also tried just f4 and that doesn't work either, a screen comes up on the right but nothing else happens when i press enter

Ok, please tell me what icon do you see in F5

the extra screen is 'project' - maybe f4 is the wrong button?
f5 lookslike a phone - on left plain and on right a circle with a line thru it
now i can't sign in either - it says 'locked'

Please check this image:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91jbyp8sIcL._SL1500_.jpg

Is that the keyboard that you have? The touchpad icon is in F5.

Please check the image in the link I gave you. Is that the same icon you have in your F5 there?

that's the keyboard and I've been trying f5 without success - both plain and with fn - i'm also signed into another software program that i can't sign out of without a curser - is that complicating this?
that is the same icon

yes...please try to press the TAB key until the highlight is in the SIGN OUT button or link. Then press Enter to signout

I am very sorry but unfortunately, I do not provide phone support. I only provide online chat support like what we are doing now, and remote access support.

What is the status of you Toshiba now? Are you logged in to your Windows account there now but you have no cursor?

cancel the call request - it seems to be working
cancel the phone call request, thanks

Thank you. The call request is cancelled.

Please try to use your touchpad now and see if the cursor is back, Try to restart the computer also and see if the fix is permanent.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist