Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I have a Toshiba Chromebook 2 13" it's apx 10 most old. The

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Chromebook 2 13" it's apx 10 most old. The screen lights up but no sign-in is asked it simply connects but there are no icons across the bottom and I cannot use it at all
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

A hard reset of your Chromebook might restore it to working order.

But before giving you instructions, I must caution you, that a hard reset of your Chromebook will erase all personal data and configuration on it. I hope you have a backup of any data stored on it.

If the data is not backed up off of it, try to save it to Google Drive before doing a hard reset. (If it was all saved to Google Drive, then you don't have to back up the data.)

Then go to this page (not necessarily on the Chromebook, and just for the instructions) and select your specific Chromebook type, then follow the directions for a hard reset:

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/3227606